Synology RackStation RS1619xs+ is a high-performance 1U rackmount NAS with comprehensive storage, data backup, and collaboration applications, suitable for small- to medium-sized businesses. RS1619xs+ simplifies data management, optimizes virtualization environments, and rapidly expands storage capacity with minimal time investment in setup and maintenance. Synology RS1619xs+ is backed by Synology’s 5-year limited warranty.
Powerful NAS Solution in 1U Form Factor
Synology RS1619xs+ is a 1U 4-bay rackmount network attached storage solution equipped with a quad-core processor, 8 GB DDR4 memory (expandable up to 64 GB), and four Gigabit LAN ports. With an optional 10GbE network adapter card installed, RS1619xs+ delivers sequential reading throughput over 1,523 MB/s and 162,097 iSCSI random read IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration.
RS1619xs+ comes with two onboard M.2 SSD slots, allowing fast system cache creation with M.2 2280 NVMe/SATA SSDs without occupying internal 3.5″ drive bays. RS1619xs+ also provides great flexibility to easily scale up to 16 drives when connected to one Synology RX1217/RX1217RP expansion unit. Storage capacity can be expanded according to your business needs with minimal effort.
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS1619xs+ comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale businesses:•Windows® AD and LDAP support allows easy integration with existing business directory services.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS1619xs+ to fit seamlessly into existing infrastructure.
- Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensures file sharing over the Internet is protected with a high level of security.
- Application Privileges controls access to applications and packages based on each individual account, user group, or IP address.
Ultimate Backup Solution
RS820+ integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any devices with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
- Workstation/Server/Virtual Machine/SaaS backup: Active Backup for Business centralizes backup tasks for virtual machines, Windows PC, servers, and rsync/SMB file servers and offers various recovery options to ensure lowest RTO. Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premises backup solution for public clouds with a centralized dashboard, optimizing storage efficiency through the single instancing and block-level deduplication technology.
- NAS backup: Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or Synology public cloud service, Synology C2 Backup5, to ensure data safety and availability can be achieved when a disaster happens.
- Computer backup: Synology Drive Client backs up your Windows, Mac, and Linux desktop devices to safeguard important computer files. RS820+ is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly back up your Mac to Synology NAS.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
RS1619xs+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows shared folders to be backed up in a minimum 5-minute interval, without consuming heavy system resources. •File and folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
- A cutting-edge iSCSI service built for IT administrators that offers advanced LUN and provides lightning-fast snapshot creation, recovery, and cloning
Virtual Machine Manager
RS1619xs+ is designed with virtualization in mind. Virtual Machine Manager enables you to test new software in sandboxes, isolate your customers’ machines, and increase the flexibility of your server.
- Virtual DSM provides an equally intuitive experience as DiskStation Manager, offering a reliable storage solution with robust features.
- Various Operating Systems Support lets you run Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSMon your Synology NAS in just a few steps.
- Snapshots for Virtual Machines is a snapshot technology provided by Virtual Machine Manager, allowing you to perfectly clone and restore a virtual machine within seconds.•Live Migration lets you seamlessly migrate Virtual DSM instances from one Synology NAS to another.
- Flexible IT Resource Management allows you to allocate hardware resources like computing power, storage space, or network interfaces across several virtual machines.•Multi-Tenant Environments allow you to create multiple isolated virtual machines for subsidiary business units or departments.
- Synology iSCSI Storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface.
A Powerful Collaboration Solution
Use the collaboration suite on your Synology NAS to build a private cloud to enhance team cooperation and boost productivity.
- Synology Drive allows you to access the data and files on Synology NAS through a unified portal and allows cross-platform synchronization for you to access data from anywhere. You can also install the online editor Synology Office and collaborate with others on Document, Spreadsheet, and Slides.
- Synology MailPlus allows your business to set up a private and reliable mail server with the support of high-availability design and gives your employees an intuitive web-based client to manage emails and boost productivity.
- Synology Calendar enables you to manage team schedules, and organize daily tasks effortlessly. Event information can also be synced to your CalDAV clients, allowing you to check schedules anywhere and anytime.
- Synology Chat is a web-based application that allows you to start conversations instantly and safely and optimizes companies’ internal communications with its powerful information management and interaction features.
Reliability, Availability, and Disaster Recovery
System reliability is critical for businesses everywhere. RS1619xs+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transitioning between clustered servers in the event of unexpected disasters and ensures that your services remain online.
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection, ensuring business documents in shared folders, virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs, or dockerized application data remain safe and available in the event of a disaster.
- Redundant power supplies, system fans, and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
- High reliability system design, including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology, prevents single points of failure.
- DDR4 ECC U-DIMM reduces power consumption and has error detection and correction capabilities during data transmission.