Synology DS420+ is designed for IT enthusiasts and home users. Equipped with a 2-core processor and built-in M.2 NVMe 2280 SSD slots for cache acceleration, DS420+ is ideal for data sharing, video streaming, and photo indexing.
- Accelerated Application Performance. Average 15% performance boost to photo indexing and other computing-intensive operations, as well as database response time.
- Reach Optimal Performance and Capacity with SSD Cache. Built-in M.2 2280 NVMe SSD slots permit cache acceleration without occupying storage drive bays.
- Effortless Data Sharing & Synchronization. Access, share, and sync your data easily across different operating systems and devices
- Protect and Restore Data in a Snap. Back up critical data and reduce your Recovery Time Objective (RTO) with Snapshot Replication
- Entertaining Multimedia Hub. Organize and stream music, video, and photo collections across all your devices.
- Anytime, Anywhere. Freely access files on the go and back up mobile photos with iOS and Android™ apps
Streamline Your Data Management Experience
DS420+ is a powerful 4-bay desktop NAS that brings you a fast and smooth data management experience, as well as over 226 MB/s sequential read and 225 MB/s sequential write throughput. It benefits computing-intensive applications, speeding up Synology Drive and Moments2 by an average 15%, and boosting Web PHPresponse efficiency by about 95% compared to its predecessor, for simple and efficient data management. DS420+ comes with two built-in M.2 SSD slots that support Synology SSD Cache technology, allowing you to reduce random I/O response time 20 times compared with spinning drives without occupying front drive bays.
Establish a Strong Storage Foundation with Btrfs
DS420+ features a Btrfs file system optimized by Synology to offer you high reliability and high performance. Btrfs supports advanced storage technologies that meet the needs of modern business:
- Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable and near-instantaneous data protection of shared folders and LUNs.
- File and folder level data restoration offers users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder more flexibility.
- Flexible Shared Folders and User Quota System provide comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- File self-healing allows Btrfs file systems to auto-detect corrupted files using mirrored metadata and to recover broken data using RAID configurations.
- Inline compression compresses data before writing them to the drive, to optimize storage use and reduce write commands to the drives.
Powerful Backup Tools
DS420+ offers users a range of backup solutions for cloud and physical, on-premises environments. Backing up and restoring data is effortless – and completely free of licenses on compatible NAS models.
- Back up your cloud data: Cloud Sync enables users to seamlessly back up or synchronize data between a local Synology NAS and other cloud services.
- Back up your PCs and servers: Synology Drive Client backs up your Windows®, Mac®, and Linux® desktop devices to safeguard important computer files.
- Back up your Synology NAS: Hyper Backup offers a wide range of destinations for backups of your NAS, including on-premises and cloud.
Your Personal Multimedia Library
DS420+ helps you easily manage multimedia content and share it across Windows®, macOS®, and Linux® platforms.
- Video Station helps you organize your personal digital video library using different data and criteria. Streaming videos to Apple TV, Android TV, Samsung TV, Chromecast and mobile apps is a breeze, and a wide range of digital devices are supported.
- Audio Station provides music playback via AirPlay® devices, and comes with lossless audio format support and Internet radio. Using the Alexa Audio Station feature, you can call out your music to your Voice Assistant.
- Moments‘ and Photo Station‘s intuitive design fit both home users and professional photographers. Auto-created albums help you manage your images in seconds. You can also share photographs with local users or the public while regulating security using fine permission settings.
Cool & Quiet Design for Energy Efficiency
Synology DS420+ is designed with energy efficiency in mind. Compared with its average PC counterpart, Synology DS420+ consumes less power, at 28.30 watts while accessingand 8.45 watts when hard drive hibernation is enabled. The power scheduling feature further reduces power consumption and operating cost.